Networking will effectively optimise your influencing reach, enhance external resources and synergise your knowledge with talented individuals...
This course will help you:
- Recognise the strategies and behaviours required to create and maintain strong networks.
- Learn how to build your network of connections by giving to get.
- Resolve any conflict with your key connections before the relationship fails.
- Continuously and quickly assess the quality of a network relationship and decide if you should repair it or move on to find a new one.
- Discover how to read your own emotions and those of others to keep relationships in good working order.
Why would you want to expand your professional network?
- The more people you know, the more opportunities you'll have. That applies to starting a company, finding interesting internal projects, and even to being promoted at work.
- A larger network means more opportunities to gain guidance and access to mentors. Guidance in your career and life is a hugely under-appreciated tool for success.
- Networks provide support when times are rough. If you lose your job,new applicants get hired 55% faster when they apply through a referral.
- More access to influential people means more access to career tips and tricks. Being effective at your job is as much about learning on the job as learning from others in comparable positions.
- The more people you know the more your perceived status. Being well connected is more often than not considered a respectable trait.